Thursday 28 June 2018

Amy Hennig is forming her own indie studio

According to the latest article on Eurogamer, Amy Hennig confirmed that she left EA and is no longer working on ther Star Wars game which underwent major changes and is not the same game she has been working on. Amy was visiting Gamelab conference in Barcelona when she was approached by Eurogamer. She disclosed the following:

"I'm working independently and staying independent. I just started my own small little independent studio and am consulting with some people. I'm hoping to bring some people on board, I would love to have a little company of about six to eight people, 15 at the most, and do some more projects, do some VR stuff - I'm consulting with some VR companies and doing a ton of research because I haven't played a lot to immerse myself in it." 

After years of working for EA, this news is perhaps most exciting in a while in a world of Legacy of Kains. While she might not be thinking of returning to the franchise, given that Square Enix owns the series, this still might bring interesting games from Amy Hennig´s amazing talent for writing and directing. We can always hope that LOK has not completely left her mind but wish her all the best in creating her new projects, this time without the pressure of a publisher behind her back.

 Source: Eurogamer

3 comments:

  1. Hmm... From time to time, I just google Legacy of Kain. To see if I can ring some respite from this relentless agony. A new game please. A lot of games I come across just pale in comparison to this series. Story and dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all do, my friend! We are still there, hoping, at least a bit. But the series is everything but not dead, as long as it has its last fan standing.

      Delete
  2. Yeah. Me too. Its just weird that after so many remakes, they still haven't touched it. Clearly there's a huge fan base so it would sell.

    ReplyDelete